Ofsted say we're "Good with Outstanding Features"
In our most recent Ofsted Report (16 April 2014), the college was awarded a grade 2 'Good' with several areas graded as grade 1 'Outstanding'.
High success rates
West Thames College is proud of its successful students and staff. Our success rates are high and continue to improve year-on-year. We currently have the 4th highest overall success rate of all 29 London colleges.
Take a look at London Colleges Success Rates 2013 to see how we compare to other local colleges when it comes to student achievement.
Our students take part in industry-sponsored national and international competitions and events as part of their course. Every year our students get through to the finals and often win these prestigious awards.
Check out some of our latest news stories.
Recently our students have…
- Won first prize at IMATS (International Makeup Artist Trade Show) in London for 5 years running.
- Won Gold, Silver and Bronze awards at the Salon Culinaire 2011, 2012 and 2013 live competitions competing against professional chefs and other colleges.
- Reached the National Final of the WorldSkills 2012 Hairdressing competition at the Birmingham NEC.
- Showed off their fashion design collections on the catwalk at Alternative Fashion Week.
- Won the London Regional Adult Learner of the Year Award for HE [Higher Education ].
- Won the LDD National Football League Tournament.
- Gained places at the National Youth Theatre (former members include Orlando Bloom, Helen Mirren and Daniel Craig).
- Performed at Osterley House in the London Voices project with the National Trust.
- Won the World Bodypainting Championships in Austria.
- Won a prestigious work placement at the BBC.
- Gained a top job as makeup artist for the West End hit musical Wicked.
Student Awards Ceremony
At the end of each academic year we celebrate the achievements of our outstanding students at our Student Awards Ceremony.