This course focuses on common software applications used in the workplace, including website development, related theory, the general use of computers and using ICT to present information. It is equivalent to 4 GCSEs at A*-C and provides a good basis to go on to further qualifications.
- Key course features
BTEC Level 2 Diploma
This is a full time programme of study of under 16 hours per week. You will receive your timetable when you enrol.
Home fee for 2012-13 £1405 including tuition and exam fees. Students aged 19+ will pay college registration and materials fees.
The course may be free if you are:
- aged under 19
- aged 19+ and in receipt of an active benefit (eg JSA or ESA)
- aged 19+, unemployed and in receipt of a means-tested benefit (eg income support), and you are doing this course to improve your employment prospects
- aged 19-23 and don't already have a Level 2 qualification.
Please see our Fees and Concessions page or call 020 8326 2015 for further details.
- Who is this course for?
- Students interested in a career in systems support and networking.
- Entry requirements
- 4 or more GCSEs at grades A*-D including English language and maths or successful completion of a full Level 1 Diploma with functional skills in English and Maths. If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email email@example.com.
- About the course
You will study the following units:
- Common software applications used in the workplace
- Related theory
- The general use of computers
- Using ICT to present information
- Introduction to computer systems
- Website development
- Networking essentials
- Database software
- Spreadsheet design
- Installing hardware components.
- Additional opportunities
- You will have a two week work experience placement.
- How will I be assessed?
- All units are internally assessed using a range of assessment methods such as case studies, written reports, presentations and practical tasks.
- Where next?
- If you achieve a merit you can progress to the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Systems Support.
- How to apply?
- To apply, please click the "Apply Now" button and fill out the online application form. An advisor will be in touch regarding interview dates.