- Browse through our courses. Each course has its own factsheet. Read the factsheet to make sure the course is right for you.
- Check the factsheet to make sure that you meet the entry requirements for the course, or you are studying towards them.
- Check the "How to Apply" instructions on the factsheet. Some courses will require you to complete an application form and come for an interview, but others (e.g. some part-time courses) may not. Some courses will have their own special instructions.
Application and Interview
From October to August
We strongly advise you to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as our courses are very popular. For courses starting in September, we usually start taking applications from late September (the previous year). Interviews usually take place from November until June, subject to places being available. We do not usually conduct any interviews during July or August. However, if places are available, we may offer drop-in interviews in late August or early September during our main enrolment period.
- If you prefer to apply on a paper application form, you will find this at the back of our main prospectus, or you can download this form. Send your completed application form to: Admissions, West Thames College, FREEPOST SEA10045, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 4BR.
- If you meet the entry criteria, we will contact you about an interview. We usually aim to contact you within 4 weeks after receipt of your application, however, this is dependant on the time of year and the number of places available. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please call The Information Centre on 020 8326 2000, or email TheInfomationCentre@west-thames.ac.uk.
- Please let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the interview so that we can either cancel your application or re-arrange a time that is more convenient for you. This will enable us to give your interview slot to another student.
- The interview is fairly informal and can last from 10 minutes up to 2 hours depending on the course. For example, you may be given a tour of the department or asked to do an initial assessment as part of the interview process. We will make sure the course is right for you and you will have the opportunity to ask questions. Some courses may require you to bring a portfolio of your work with you or to do an audition - if so, this will be stated on the course factsheet. If you are under 19 years, we recommend your parent or guardian attends the interview with you.
- If you are successful at the interview you will be given either a Conditional place or an Unconditional place on the course. A Conditional place means that your place is reliant on you achieving specific grades, for example, if you are currently taking GCSEs or other qualifications. An Unconditional place means that we are satisfied that you have already achieved the entry requirements.
- If you are unsuccessful at the interview or if the course is not right for you, we will, wherever possible, suggest an alternative course for you or refer to you see our Advice and Guidance team.
- We will contact you in the summer with information about how to enrol with dates and times for you to come in and complete the enrolment process. Please note: if you have an Offer of a place - either Conditional or Unconditional, you are NOT guaranteed a place on a course until you have come into the college to complete the enrolment process.
- Students with Conditional Offers are usually invited in to enrol the week before the August Bank Holiday (on GCSE results day). Our friendly advisers will be on hand to help students who did not get the required entry requirement grades for their course - whether you gained higher or lower grades than expected, we should be able to help you get on a suitable alternative course either at West Thames College or another college.
- Usually students with Unconditional Offers and those who are already students at the college and are returning for the second year of their course can enrol early (June or July) to avoid the busy main enrolment period.
You DO NOT need to complete an application form for this course, but we’d like to talk to you before you enrol - either over the telephone or in person - to ensure the course is right for you.
Please call 020 8326 2000 to arrange an appointment. View our Opening Times.
Enrol in Person
You DO NOT need to complete an application form for this course. Just turn up to the college during Opening Times to enrol.
Enrol by Telephone
You DO NOT have to complete an application form for this course or have an interview. You can enrol in person at the college or over the telephone with a credit or debit card (Mastercard, Visa, Switch/Maestro or Delta).
To pay over the telephone, please call: 020 8326 2015
If you need advice first before you pay, please call 020 8326 2020.