This advanced course covers anatomy and physiology – providing an in-depth study of the human body – and salon administration. You will study facial treatment and skin care, the removal of hair by means of waxing; electrical treatments such as high frequency, steam, vacuum suction, facial faradic, galvanic and micro-currents, nail care, basic makeup techniques and lash/brow treatments. You will also learn about holistic massage, professional conduct and business awareness.
- Key course features
VTCT Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments
This is a full time programme of study of under 16 hours per week. You will receive your timetable when you enrol.
Home fee for 2012-13 £1490 (for one year of study) including tuition and exam fees. You will need to purchase a beauty kit and uniform. Students aged 19+ will pay college registration and materials fees. The course may be free if you are:
- aged under 19
- aged 19+ and in receipt of an active benefit (eg JSA or ESA)
- aged 19+, unemployed and in receipt of a means-tested benefit
- aged 19+ and don't already have a Level 2 qualification
- aged 19-24 and this course will be your first Level 3 qualification.
Please see our Fees and Concessions page or call 020 8326 2305 for further details.
- Who is this course for?
- Highly motivated students who wish to change their careers. The course is suitable for those with childcare requirements as it is timetabled sympathetically.
- Entry requirements
- You should have a good educational background with good written English. You must be highly motivated and able to practice your treatments at home. We recommend that you spend at least 6 hours of home study per week in order to successfully achieve this qualification. If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email email@example.com.
- About the course
You will take the Level 2 Diploma first, then progress to Level 3. You will study units such as:
- Facial treatments and skin care
- Advanced electrical facial treatments
- Electrical body treatments
- Manicure and pedicure
- Lash and brow treatments
- Beauty makeup
- Business awareness
- Body massage
- Client handling
- Related anatomy.
- Additional opportunities
- You will have the opportunity to visit a major beauty and nails exhibition and trade fair held annually in London. This will incur an additional cost.
- How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by means of the following:
- Assignments: You will need to complete a range of assignments at home which will be handed to your tutor for marking.
- Tests: Multiple choice theory examinations for the manicure/pedicure unit, and the business awareness unit
- Practical assessments: You will need to perform a range of treatments for assessment.
- Where next?
- Employment in a salon, self-employment, and/or further courses.
- How to apply?
- To apply, please click the "Apply Now" button and fill out the online application form. An advisor will be in touch regarding interview dates.