Hospital porters perform various manual tasks in hospitals to assist nursing and domestic staff with the care of patients.
- Lifts, escorts and wheels patients between hospital wards
- Assists with the delivery of meals, laundry, medical supplies and post to the wards or theatres
- Moves hospital equipment and furniture
- Collects and disposes of refuse from wards and other departments
- Assists with unloading and delivery of supplies.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is provided off- and on-the-job. Entrants must typically pass a medical examination and may be required to hold a driving licence.
What can I earn?
Up to £20,280
Select a course you've previously looked at or search for a new one, confirm the details and start your application.
Know what you're looking for?