Hairdressing & Beauty Salon Managers & Proprietors
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of hairdressing salons, beauty treatment and similar establishments.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs
- Controls the allocation, training and remuneration of staff
- Provides clients with information and advice on styles and treatments, and resolves any complaints or problems
- Ensures clients’ records are maintained
- Undertakes and/or directs hair treatments and/or beauty therapy
- Checks and maintains any equipment, and ensures that all safety requirements are met
- Demonstrates, advises on and sells hair and/or beauty products
- Ensures financial accounts for the business are maintained.
No formal qualifications are required for entry although entrants usually possess a BTEC/SQA award, an NVQ/SVQ in Hairdressing at Level 3, an apprenticeship and/or relevant experience.
Select a course you've previously looked at or search for a new one, confirm the details and start your application.
Know what you're looking for?