Transport & Distribution Clerks & Assistants
Workers in this unit group perform various clerical functions relating to the transport and distribution of goods and freight.
- Processes customer orders and forwards requisition documentation to storage and distribution personnel
- Formulates delivery loads, vehicle schedules and routes to be followed by delivery staff
- Monitors tachograph readings and maintains records of hours worked and distance travelled by drivers
- Obtains customs clearance and processes import and export documentation necessary for the movement of goods between countries
- Maintains records regarding the movement and location of freight, containers and staff.
There are no minimum academic requirements, although entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is usually provided on-the-job. NVQs/ SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 1, 2 and 3.
Select a course you've previously looked at or search for a new one, confirm the details and start your application.
Know what you're looking for?