Nursing Auxiliaries & Assistants
Nursing auxiliaries and assistants assist doctors, nurses and other health professionals in caring for the sick and injured within hospitals, homes, clinics and the wider community.
- Performs basic clinical tasks such as taking patients’ temperature and pulse, weighing and measuring, performing urine tests and extracting blood samples
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment
- Distributes and serves food, assists patients in feeding and prepares snacks and hot drinks
- Assists patients in washing, dressing, toiletry activities and general mobility
- Changes bed linen, makes beds and tidies wards.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Off- and on-the-job training is provided. NVQs/ SVQs in Care are available at Levels 2 and 3.
Select a course you've previously looked at or search for a new one, confirm the details and start your application.
Know what you're looking for?