Once you have found the course you want, it is quick and easy to apply. See the course web page for specific instructions. Remember you can apply for more than one course.
Why apply now?
We start taking applications from October for courses starting the following September. We recommend you apply early in order to:
- avoid disappointment. Some courses fill up quickly.
- reserve your place. Complete the application and get an offer so you can concentrate on other things such as your exams. Please note that you are not guaranteed a place until to have enrolled in August.
- stay in touch. We will contact you from time to time to let you know what is going on at the college and to invite you to relevant events.
Click the Apply Now button on the course web page and complete the online application form.
Alternatively you can download this form and send your completed application form to: Admissions, West Thames College, London Road, Isleworth, TW7 4HS
We will contact you within 2 weeks to arrange an interview. The interview is fairly informal. Some courses may require you to bring a portfolio of your work with you or to do an audition. You may be given a tour of the department or asked to do an initial assessment. We will make sure the course is right for you and you will have the opportunity to ask questions. If you are under 19 years, we recommend your parent or guardian attends the interview with you.
Within 1 week we will offer you either a Conditional place or an Unconditional place on the course. A Conditional place means that your place is reliant on you achieving specific grades, for example, if you are currently taking GCSEs or other qualifications. An Unconditional place means that we are satisfied that you have already achieved the entry requirements.
If you are unsuccessful at the interview or if the course is not right for you, we will, wherever possible, suggest an alternative course for you or refer to you see our Careers Advice and Guidance team.
Enrol. Students with conditional offers enrol from GCSE results day in August onwards. Students with unconditional offers may be invited to enrol earlier. Keep an eye on the website in August for details of how to enrol.
For some courses you do not need to complete an application form, see the course web page for details.
- You may be asked to call for an informal chat before you enrol. If so please phone 020 8326 2020 to arrange an appointment.
- You may be able to enrol over the telephone with a credit or debit card (Mastercard, Visa, Switch/Maestro or Delta).
- You may be asked to come to the college to enrol in person.