This course covers all the content of the Level 2 VTCT Diploma and includes some English language support. You will study full professional face and skin care treatment, facials, makeup, manicure and pedicure, anatomy and physiology and depilatory waxing of facial and body hair, lash and brow tinting and eyebrow shaping. You will take part in salon administration and reception duties.
About the Course
You will learn through theory and practical classes (including practising all treatments on fellow students prior to working on clients), projects, role plays, case studies, work experience, competitions, and reception duties. The clients visiting our working salons require a wide range of treatments, and you will perform all portfolio evidence assessments on external clients.
You will study:
- Manicure and pedicure
- Essential knowledge: anatomy and physiology
- Depilatory waxing
- Lash and brow tinting,and eyebrow shaping.
- Stock display
- Salon administration.
In each unit you will perform practical skills, submit coursework tasks and sit on line tests. You will need to pass the full qualification.
£210.78 - beauty kit, tunic and textbooks
Level 3 VTCT Diploma in Beauty Therapy or Beauty Therapy Treatments to become a fully qualified beauty therapist. Progression to Level 3 is via interview and selection based on your attendance, punctuality and performance.
Assessment is continuous, consisting of practical assessment, oral questions, written tests and homework. You will provide evidence to show you have reached a level of competence. All assessment will be in agreement with candidate and assessor, and all deadlines must be met. Written assessment papers will provide further evidence of your knowledge and understanding of the subject.
You will collate all evidence in a portfolio consisting of:
- Performance evidence: This would take place in the practical class or workplace.
- Oral questioning: The questions must relate to the practical performance.
- Written questions: As with the oral questioning, written questions will form part of the supplementary evidence.
- Working diary: This will show the range of treatments you have performed.