- 87% achievement rate for classroom based learning in 2016-17 up 5% on the previous year and 5% above the national rate
- Achievement rates for 16-18s have increased to 82% an increase of 3% from 2015-16 and 4% above the national rate of 78%
- For 19+ students the achievement is now at 91%, an increase of 4% from 2015-16 and 5% above the national rate
- Students go to top universities such as Bournemouth University, Brunel University and St. Mary’s University, Twickenham
- Students have gone on to jobs at Heathrow, Sky, Rolls Royce, the Metropolitan Police and with the London Borough of Hounslow
- Ofsted Report (November 2017) states "Students on the 16-19 programmes of study and adults have good practical skills and produced work above the expected level."
- Each year we celebrate the achievements of our outstanding students at our Student Awards Ceremony
- The Higher Education Graduation Ceremony celebrates the achievement of over 100 students who have completed a Higher National Certificate or Higher National Diploma Course
Meet new people of different ages, cultures and backgrounds and make new friends.
Explore your interests and discover new ones.
- Join clubs and The Student Union
- Support charitable causes
- Play football, badminton, netball, volleyball and more
- Use the fully equipped gym
There is always something going on.
- Tournaments, talent shows, trips, charity fundraising events
- Freshers’ Fair - meet new friends and find out about student activities and discounts for travel, films and shops. This is not to be missed!
- Creative Arts Festival. A dazzling annual showcase of students’ work.
Get involved and have your say.
Welcome to West Thames College
West Thames will be a vibrant college, inspiring all our learners to fulfil their dreams and ambitions. Our outstanding education and training will contribute to a prosperous and cohesive community.
The college has an ongoing commitment to widening participation. We see education as a transformative tool entitling and enabling people to achieve their full potential from whatever background.
Our shared values are: Integrity, Excellence, Equality and Respect
Meet the Team
Vice Principal Curriculum & Quality
Executive Director of Finance, HR and Development
Executive Director of Resources and Student Experience
Head of Careers and Work Placement
Head of Student Recruitment, Exams and Customer Service
Head of Student Experience
Sabina was recently Highly Commended at the National Apprenticeship Awards. She currently works as a service lift engineer at Otis Elevators.
One of the top 3 Colleges in London *
* Based on overall performance for students aged 16-18 across all levels in 2018-19
If you have already applied for a September 2020 course, you would have already been invited to enrolment.
If you haven’t applied to West Thames College, please come into the college from Friday 21st August (16-18 year olds) or from Monday 24th August (for Adults aged 19+).
If you prefer to enrol with us remotely, please phone us on 0208 326 2000