This Foundation Learning course is designed to give you a solid grounding in health and social care in order to progress to Level 2. You will learn about job opportunities in health and social care, personal care, managing your health at work, promoting healthy eating, the physical care of children aged 0-3, children's learning, self-assessment and positive attitudes.
About the Course
You will study:
Health and social care units:
- Personal care in health and social care
- Job opportunities in health and social care
- Promoting healthy eating in care
- Leisure and creative activities for adults in care.
- Creative activities for young children
- Planning for physical and emotional care needs of children
- Encouraging children to eat healthily
- Valuing children as individuals.
The units are delivered in a variety of ways which are both fun and interesting. As part of the course you will also be working towards functional skills in both English and maths.
If you successfully complete all the modules and receive a good reference from your teachers, you can go on to Level 2 Childcare Apprenticeship or Level 2 Health and Social Care Diploma or an apprenticeship in the industry.
Throughout the year you will be given written assignments for each unit and a placement report on completion of your work placement. The written assignments vary and may include posters, leaflets or essays.