This course is designed to give you a good foundation in beauty therapy so that you can go on to a Level 2 course or work as an assistant or receptionist in a beauty salon. It covers health and safety, facial treatments, manicures and assisting in the salon. You will also study functional skills or GCSE's in English and maths.
About the Course
You will learn through a variety of activities in the class and also through work experience in the college salons.
You will study:
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Facial treatments and skin care
- Basic manicure and pedicure
- Presenting a professional image in a salon
- Employability skills
You will also study functional skills or GCSE in English and maths. You will have a personal tutor to guide and support you through the course. A weekly tutorial allows you and your tutor to develop individual learning plans that will assist in learning and in developing responsibility for your own learning.
£50.98 â€“ beauty kit, tunic and textbook
Level 2 Beauty Therapy or work as an assistant or receptionist in a beauty salon.
You will be assessed through practical assessments and by building a portfolio of work throughout the year. Regular reports on progress are provided to parents/guardians of students aged under 19 years.
The programme is unit based and is delivered individually at different stages throughout the course. You will be assessed when you feel you are competent. There are three areas of assessment:
- Practical: you carry out the skill
- Oral: you answer questions on your underpinning knowledge of the skill
- Written: a portfolio of evidence or a on line test or an assignment, depending on the unit.