Making a Formal Complaint
Complaints should be made as soon as possible after the event you wish to complain about has taken place, as delays can make it difficult for us to deal with your complaint. We will not usually investigate complaints submitted more than three months after the original event.
What happens if I make a formal complaint?
Making a formal complaint means that:
- your complaint will be dealt with seriously and thoroughly
- you will receive an acknowledgement within 5 working days
- you will receive a final written reply within 15 working days or, if this is not possible, you will be sent an update letter at least every two weeks
- you will be given the reasons for our response
- you will receive a written apology from the college if your complaint is upheld
- matters will be put right as soon as possible (where applicable).
We reserve the right not to investigate complaints considered to be vexatious or malicious.
How Do I Make a Formal Complaint?
Please set out the basic facts as you see them and also what you would like to be done about your concerns.
If you do not have access to email you can write to:
Executive Assistant to the Principal
West Thames College