This intensive 1-year course covers beauty techniques including facial treatments, skin care, lash and brow tinting and perming, makeup, manicure and pedicure. It is held on Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 6-9pm.
About the Course
You will study:
- Facial treatments, including cleanse, tone, massage and masks
- Selecting appropriate products for skin care
- Skin diseases and disorders
- Lash and brow tinting and shaping
- Light beauty makeup
- Manicure and pedicure including specialised hand and foot treatments
- Related anatomy and physiology, including bones, muscles, the cell, the circulatory system, the lymphatic system, the nails and hair
- Professional conduct
- Stock display
- Health and safety.
You will be taught by practising professional tutors who specialise in beauty therapy. Your tutor will monitor your progress throughout the year and deal with any problems that arise.
In addition to the course fee, registration fee, and exam fees, you will also need to purchase a beauty kit (approx £250) and pay a materials charge of approx £100.
£210.78 - beauty kit, tunic and textbooks
Level 3 Beauty Therapy Treatments to become a fully qualified beauty therapist, or further part-time courses. To progress you will be interviewed and need a good level of attendance.
You will be continually assessed throughout the year through written and practical assessments and online test papers.